Oscar Party LGBT Movie-Themed Cocktails
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2012 1:40 PM ET
Salander’s Shot (named for the bisexual hacker heroine of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo)
1/2 oz absinthe
1/2 oz melon liqueur
1/2 oz lemon-lime soda
1-1/2 oz pineapple juice
Splash of grenadine
Directions: Mix absinthe, melon liqueur, lemon-lime soda and pineapple with ice and shake. Pour into a shot glass and add a splash of grenadine.
Hugo’s Hula (a virgin drink option named for the film, which is based on a book by gay author Brian Selznick)
4 oz pineapple juice
1 oz creme de coconut
1 splash cranberry juice
1 splash grenadine syrup
1 oz cherry juice
Directions: In Collins glass, or tall cocktail glass, add all ingredients over ice. Transfer to shaker and shake well. Pour entire contents into glass and serve. You may garnish with a Marischino Cherry if desired.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?