BY Jeremy Kinser
March 02 2012 10:22 PM ET
7. EVENT: Broadway Backwards 7
The seventh annual Broadway event that's custom-made for the LGBT folks and their friends. Some of the biggest names on Broadway will perform songs originally written for the opposite gender, but by keeping the lyrics intact, including the original pronouns, each song will take on a new dimension. The proceeds go to Broadway Cares.
March 5 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre.
6. MUSIC: Magnetic Fields, Love at the Bottom of the Sea
For their 10th studio album, out front man Stephen Merrit and bandmates return to their signature synth and acoustic sounds for yet another collection of infectious pop songs, including the standout tracks "Andrew in Drag" and "God Wants Us to Wait." See the band live when their U.S. tour begins March 6.
5. MUSIC: Idina Menzel, Live: Barefoot at the Symphony
The Rent icon delivers a memorable evening of song, which includes imaginative reworkings of modern tunes such as Lady Gaga’s “Poker Face” and the Police’s “Roxanne,” which she cleverly combines with Cole Porter's "Love for Sale." And then there's anthemic "Defying Gravity" from Wicked — one of the great meetings of performer and song in Broadway's recent history. This concert — filmed at Toronto’s historic Royal Conservatory of Music — will air on PBS Saturday, followed by an album, DVD, and digital download available Tuesday.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- Op-ed: Miley's Date Proves Homelessness Is the Real Crime