BY Jeremy Kinser
March 09 2012 12:55 PM ET
10. DVD: Conversation Piece
The penultimate film (now on DVD) from legendary (and gay) Italian director Luchino Visconti (Death in Venice) is one of his most opulent (costumes by Yves Saint Laurent!) masterworks. Visconti's longtime lover Helmut Berger and Burt Lancaster star in a gripping tale of a retired American professor dealing with a vulgar Italian noblewoman and her companions.
9. BOOK: Born to Be Brad, Brad Goreski
In this heartfelt memoir (It Books, $24.99) the bow-tied star of Bravo's It's a Brad Brad World recalls his Canadian childhood, during which his parents sent him to a “doctor” to try to cure his homosexuality, and how he escaped the cruel taunts of bullies by reading fashion mags and honing his skill as a stylist with Barbie dolls.
8. DVD: @Suicide Room
In Jan Komasa's riveting techno-thriller (now on DVD), Dominick (charismatic Jakub Gierszal), a wealthy Warsaw teen, is taunted by classmates after they catch him kissing a boy. He eventually takes refuge in the virtual world of “the Suicide Room” to escape the torment of bullying.
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 1 hour 12 min ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 1 hour 46 min ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (or Not So Best) of LGBT Holiday Choirs 5:00 AM