BY Jeremy Kinser
March 09 2012 1:55 PM ET
4. BOOK: Disclosed Desires, Roberto Chiovitti
Are you ready to explore the darker side of desire? Fetishes have rarely looked as enticing as in these evocative and explicitly erotic portraits of lust, pain, dominance, and submission that mark Italian photographer Chiovitti's first book (Bruno Gmünder Verlag, $44.99).
3. BLOG: Dreams Are What Le Cinema Is For ...
Ken Anderson's hypnotic blog — fabulously illustrated with movie screen caps — takes its title from a lyric from the musical Nine, so it's not surprising that his insightful writing about his lifelong love affair with movies is so deliriously entertaining. You'll fill up your Netflix queue after reading Anderson's reappraisals of an eclectic mix of films, including the heretofore unappreciated Ann-Margret vehicle Kitten With a Whip and one of Streisand's lesser musicals, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, which are written with the same zeal as his takes on acknowledged masterpieces such as Robert Altman's sprawling Nashville. Read more here.
2. MUSIC: "Girl Gone Wild," Madonna
Every released snippet from Madge's upcoming MDNA opus makes it more hotly anticipated, and with this second single it's clear she's not only about to burst out of her bra in the cover art, she's also ready to cut loose on the dance floor. With lyrics such as "The room is spinnin' / It must be the Tanqueray," it's fun, not profundity on her mind. Call it reductive if you will, but this scorching club trance is her best since "Get Together." Listen to it here and watch a teaser of the video here.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback