Kit Yan: I Advocate...
BY Advocate Contributors
March 13 2012 2:00 AM ET
...Shimazu shave ice.
I've always loved this local Hawaii specialty dessert, but on my trip home this winter, I had the best shave ice flavors ever at Honolulu's Shimazu, including red velvet, chocolate peanut butter cup, and crème brûlée, not to mention the best mochi at the bottom of the cup.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World
- 40 Under 40: Emerging Voices | Advocate.com
- With Kimberley McLeod, LGBT Women of Color Make Their Own Spotlight