BY Jeremy Kinser
March 16 2012 4:10 PM ET
4. DVD: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo/My Week With Marilyn/Young Adult
Three of last year’s most highly regarded performances are now available on DVD/Blu-ray. Rooney Mara exceeds expectations as bisexual computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher's gripping adaptation of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Michelle Williams avoids caricature with a delicately modulated performance as screen icon Marilyn Monroe, who comes unhinged while making a film in England with acting great Laurence Olivier in My Week With Marilyn. Charlize Theron plays a havoc-wreaking author who forms an unlikely alliance with a hate-crime victim in the criminally underappreciated black comedy Young Adult.
3. MUSIC: Get Out, Gavin Creel
Following his acclaimed marriage equality anthem "Noise," entertainer-activist Creel, cofounder of Broadway Impact, releases his third album, which he describes as "epic, loud and full of jams that'll blast us into the summer.” Creel fans will also celebrate with two concerts, both Monday at Joe’s Pub in New York City. For more on the performer, go to GavinCreel.com.
2. EVENT: The 6th Annual Broadway Beauty Pageant
Mamma Mia!'s Andrew Chappelle, Porgy and Bess's Wilkie Ferguson, Godspell's Corey Mach, Mary Poppins's Jesse Swimm, and Priscilla Queen of the Desert's Anthony Wayne will face off in talent, interview, and swimsuit competitions. Celebrity judges include Michael Musto, Jackie Hoffman, and Tonya Pinkins, and proceeds will benefit New York's Ali Forney Center, which provides a safe shelter for LGBT youth. March 19. For more information, visit BroadwayBeautyPageant.com.
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM