BY Kyle Buchanan
May 01 2008 12:00 AM ET
Fashion designer Agnes B. was one of Mister
Lonely's producers. How did the two of you
I met her at the
Venice Film Festival with Julien [Donkey-Boy].
I guess she really liked the movies I was making, and when
we sat down I just loved her. We started talking about
starting this company together and not just making
movies but making things. I remember when I first
moved to New York and I lived on Prince Street, her store
was a couple blocks away. I would walk by and she
always had the best posters in the window; I would go
in and try to steal them and someone would shoo me
out. I guess I've had a relationship with her since then!
Do you still have much of a relationship with the
You're rejecting it?
It's not that I'm
rejecting it. I have friends and a lot of people
involved in it, so I don't want to belittle it -- it's just
that…well, I was in the Marc Jacobs campaign.
You joined the ranks of Marc Jacobs models like
Posh Spice and Dakota Fanning. You must be very proud.
I know, that was
great! I got the call from Juergen [Teller, the
photographer] asking me if I would do it. I just thought it
would be a goof, that it'd be funny.
You've directed commercials yourself, haven't you?
Three. In some
ways, it confused me a little bit whether or not I should
do them. But sometimes you see ads that are kind of
interesting, and in the end, you gotta eat, you know?
It took me eight years to make this movie, and it's
hard to sustain any kind of living at that pace.
Are there certain companies you'd never make a
Yeah. Like I
would never do something for the Army or the police
department. But I would definitely do a douche commercial!
Well, now you’ve put it out there. Thanks, Harmony.
something? That’s really great about my gay
following. I think maybe I should make a movie about
Just be prepared to spend a lot on mint juleps.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 27 min 14 sec ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM