The Other White Meat
BY Lawrence Ferber
December 25 2008 1:00 AM ET
Is there a villain this season? If I had to pick one, it would be Akashia. She
says there has to be a bitch on the show and she feels
that’s her. When you’re young you want to
be noticed. It’s a good thing. She’s happy --
go for it.
How does RuPaul compare to Tyra Banks? Ru is about a foot taller! He’s a
wonderful person and wanted to leave a legacy and give
back to the community that gave him so much, and I think
he does that with this show. He’s not only an idol
for people like me but an idol for everyone.
Does Ru “read” any of the contestants? Do
they cry? Well, he’s honest and tells it like it
is. He doesn’t pull back any punches.
It’s a grown-up game and it has grown-up values.
You live in North Carolina, typically a
conservative red state -- vehemently so during Jesse
Helms’s days. How does it feel with things
suddenly going purple? Since the election it feels like a new day and
chance and there’s something better coming from
where we’ve been. There’s a positivity in
the air. The night of the election was just like everywhere
else -- there were people out in the street
This is a very important question for certain
communities, especially with the holidays upon us -- is
Porkchop kosher? Everybody can enjoy Porkchop. Why eat a bird
when you can have a chop for Christmas?
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- The World's Most Famous Trans Model Sits Down With Vogue
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory