Dressing Up Milk
BY Greg Fieser
February 05 2009 1:00 AM ET
So you got to actually work with people who worked
with Harvey? Oh sure. I would do a fitting for the character
of Cleve Jones [played by Emile Hirsch in the film]
and show it to the real Cleve Jones and ask if it
looked right. Cleve was incredibly vocal if something
How important was it to you to be 100% authentic? Anytime there was a documented image of an event
that we were portraying, I would re-create it exactly.
It was very important to look at photographs and
newspapers to get everything precisely the same.
Did you watch the documentary The Life and Times of
Harvey Milk? I’ve watched it several times -- even
before I got the job. It’s impossible to get
through it without crying.
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 1 hour 9 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 1 hour 34 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM