Little Miss Sunshine
BY Brandon Voss
March 11 2009 12:00 AM ET
Let's hope for a sequel.
Yeah, maybe Norah comes back from her road trip and says,
"You know what? I'm gay." And then she has to go
kiss Lynn's ass.
Did you talk to or observe any lesbian friends to prepare
for your role?
Not really. There are tons of things I have no idea about
because I don't live a gay lifestyle day to day. But can I
imagine being attracted to a girl, being in love with her, and
being hurt by her? Yes.
In one scene you flirtatiously nibble a candy necklace
around Emily's neck. Was it challenging to achieve that level
of intimacy and sexual vulnerability with another actress?
Yeah. Because of the shooting schedule, that was the very first
scene Emily and I shot together after I'd met her, and it
was my first day on set. Emily and I were both so excited when
we got done with that scene because it was so real. The
connection that we had, the awkward tentativeness, was really
cool. We both were like, "Wow, that felt
As a guest on Adam Carolla's radio show in 2007, you
said, "I tried hard being a lesbian, but it didn't
work." Were you joking or have you really experimented
Adam couldn't spar with me verbally, so things got really
weirdly personal. I got kind of uncomfortable. I was like,
"Why am I talking about my personal life so much on a
morning show? People are driving to work and I'm telling a
titillating anecdote about having sex with a woman? What is
happening?" But yes, I have had experiences with women. I
mean, believe me, I wish it had worked. I think women are
Playing a recurring character on NBC's
you dated Veronica's ambiguously gay assistant Josh. What was
up with that relationship?
That was a really odd relationship, and they never really
spelled out that story line. I could've been a beard, or I
could've even been gay too. There's more to explore there,
and I was always wondering about it myself -- and no one would
answer any of my questions. [
] I do remember that we were both supposed to be in love with
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 5 min 19 sec ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 1 hour 39 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 2 hours 3 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM