Kathy Najimy: Sister Act
BY Brandon Voss
April 15 2009 12:00 AM ET
You voice matriarch Peggy Hill on King of the Hill, which Fox has canceled after 13 seasons. What's it like to say goodbye to Peggy?
Oh, my God, it's so sad. Of course, I'll really miss it. But at the same time, I have to be so grateful that I had a job for 13 years that was 15 minutes away from my house. I worked maybe six hours a week, and I got to do a great character with the best writing on TV, so there's nothing to complain about.
You also voiced Axiom resident Mary in Pixar's Oscar-nominated WALL-E. Should they make a sequel of that, or leave a masterpiece alone?
You sure that's not just your bank account talking?
No. Trust me, it's not a bank account situation.
Do you think it's finally safe to dust off the controversial TV pilot you wrote with The Vagina Monologues' Eve Ensler in the '90s?
The logline for that script was something like, "Performance artist living in a New York loft with her HIV-positive drag-queen brother and her radical biker lesbian next-door neighbor." We put a Post-it on it that said, "Warning: If you make this, you're crazy." [Laughs] But you're right, the timing is kind of right, isn't it? That would be considered mild now on Showtime.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- How San Francisco Is Beating HIV