Kathy Najimy: Sister Act
BY Brandon Voss
April 14 2009 11:00 PM ET
You voice matriarch Peggy Hill on King of the Hill, which Fox has canceled after 13 seasons. What's it like to say goodbye to Peggy?
Oh, my God, it's so sad. Of course, I'll really miss it. But at the same time, I have to be so grateful that I had a job for 13 years that was 15 minutes away from my house. I worked maybe six hours a week, and I got to do a great character with the best writing on TV, so there's nothing to complain about.
You also voiced Axiom resident Mary in Pixar's Oscar-nominated WALL-E. Should they make a sequel of that, or leave a masterpiece alone?
You sure that's not just your bank account talking?
No. Trust me, it's not a bank account situation.
Do you think it's finally safe to dust off the controversial TV pilot you wrote with The Vagina Monologues' Eve Ensler in the '90s?
The logline for that script was something like, "Performance artist living in a New York loft with her HIV-positive drag-queen brother and her radical biker lesbian next-door neighbor." We put a Post-it on it that said, "Warning: If you make this, you're crazy." [Laughs] But you're right, the timing is kind of right, isn't it? That would be considered mild now on Showtime.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View