Ali Larter Wants You
BY Ross von Metzke
April 23 2009 12:00 AM ET
She's graced the big
screen wearing nothing but strategically placed gobs of whipped
cream, dodged a bogus murder accusation from a seriously gay
pool boy, and now she's beating the crap out of
Beyoncé in what is arguably this spring's guiltiest
pleasure. Ali Larter knows how to make an entrance, and as fans
are going to find out when
opens in theaters this Friday, she knows how to kick some
Advocate.com:You're totally stalking me! I watched the trailer and then
it took me to GetObsessedWithAli.com and you said you love me
and we're meant to be together.Ali Larter:
Baby, it's on. Me and Ross forevaâ€¦ [
Now, you know gay men love a good catflight. How much are we
going to love
It is delicious. I think one of the fun things in this movie is
that you dance that dangerous line of not wanting to fall into
the cliché traps of too much of the nail-biting but
you really want to deliver for your audience. So me and
Beyoncé -- we go mano to mano.
You look like you rough each other up.
We beat each other down.
Were you battered and bruised?
I was battered and bruised, but for me, one of the highlights
will be Beyoncé charging at me. I don't know how many
people get to experience that in this world.
So, forgetting about the script for a minute, if Ali Larter
and Sasha Fierce were to face off, who would win?
Bring it on, B!
Your role in
is very much like some of the great female movie villains --
The Hand That Rocks the Cradle
. Were you a fan of the genre before you signed on?
Absolutely. Rebecca De Mornay was so much fun to watch [in
TheHand That Rocks the Cradle
]. That's really what you want in this movie. People know what
they're getting. You see the trailer -- we're not trying to
hide what the movie's about, you know what it's going to be.
But hopefully people just have a ton of fun sitting there,
watching how these characters misinterpret each other. She's so
delusional and so irrational, which makes it so fun to
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club 1 hour 49 min ago
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 6:51 PM
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 6:20 PM
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM