Ali Larter Wants You
BY Ross von Metzke
April 23 2009 12:00 AM ET
She's graced the big
screen wearing nothing but strategically placed gobs of whipped
cream, dodged a bogus murder accusation from a seriously gay
pool boy, and now she's beating the crap out of
Beyoncé in what is arguably this spring's guiltiest
pleasure. Ali Larter knows how to make an entrance, and as fans
are going to find out when
opens in theaters this Friday, she knows how to kick some
Advocate.com:You're totally stalking me! I watched the trailer and then
it took me to GetObsessedWithAli.com and you said you love me
and we're meant to be together.Ali Larter:
Baby, it's on. Me and Ross forevaâ€¦ [
Now, you know gay men love a good catflight. How much are we
going to love
It is delicious. I think one of the fun things in this movie is
that you dance that dangerous line of not wanting to fall into
the cliché traps of too much of the nail-biting but
you really want to deliver for your audience. So me and
Beyoncé -- we go mano to mano.
You look like you rough each other up.
We beat each other down.
Were you battered and bruised?
I was battered and bruised, but for me, one of the highlights
will be Beyoncé charging at me. I don't know how many
people get to experience that in this world.
So, forgetting about the script for a minute, if Ali Larter
and Sasha Fierce were to face off, who would win?
Bring it on, B!
Your role in
is very much like some of the great female movie villains --
The Hand That Rocks the Cradle
. Were you a fan of the genre before you signed on?
Absolutely. Rebecca De Mornay was so much fun to watch [in
TheHand That Rocks the Cradle
]. That's really what you want in this movie. People know what
they're getting. You see the trailer -- we're not trying to
hide what the movie's about, you know what it's going to be.
But hopefully people just have a ton of fun sitting there,
watching how these characters misinterpret each other. She's so
delusional and so irrational, which makes it so fun to
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- Game Developers Conference Tackles LGBT Representation in Video Games
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 5:30 PM
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 4:37 PM
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 4:14 PM