Ali Larter Wants You
BY Ross von Metzke
April 23 2009 12:00 AM ET
This is a great time for women in TV.
Isn't it wonderful? I'm just excited to see all of these
wonderful actresses working. You want to see Glenn Close. You
want to see Holly Hunter. These are incredible actresses. I
don't think there's that line anymore. I'm going to see
this week -- are you kidding me? Jessica Lange and Drew
Barrymore -- so wonderful. So as long as people are out there
and we keep championing these scripts, that's what's
importantâ€¦not whether it's on TV or in a movie theater -- it's
that we have to get behind these interesting female
Early in your career you appeared on the cover of
as a fictional actress, Allegra Coleman. Where do you think
Allegra is now?
] She's living with Deepak Chopra.
How was that for you? Were you prepared for how big that was
going to blow up and what it would do for your career?
You just never know. For me, I wasn't even acting yet. I was
still modeling and doing commercials and figuring out if I was
going to go to NYU. But it came at a time where, after that
came out, I started in acting classes a little bitâ€¦ It was
something that I loved to do. People had tried to get me in the
business earlier when I was living in New York, and it wasn't
something that I wanted. What acting is about for me comes from
your life experiences and figuring out what makes people tick
and dissecting the psychology of people. You take your
experience and you have a place to express them. So with
Allegra Coleman and projects like that, I just feel like I've
been so lucky. The culmination of all these experiences have
led me here a decade later.
Including the whipped cream scene in
-- you'll never live that down.
No, but I'm sure I'll like it the best when I'm 60. Now I'm
still like, "Ooh, I didn't do nudity, I just wore whipped
So, what are we gonna like most about
The catfight -- are you kidding? You're gonna be yelling at the
screen. It is so much fun to watch -- and that's what's great.
You can't take yourself so seriously. Sometimes, you just have
to step away and have a laugh.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 1 hour 56 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 2 hours 57 sec ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM