Ali Larter Wants You
BY Ross von Metzke
April 23 2009 12:00 AM ET
This is a great time for women in TV.
Isn't it wonderful? I'm just excited to see all of these
wonderful actresses working. You want to see Glenn Close. You
want to see Holly Hunter. These are incredible actresses. I
don't think there's that line anymore. I'm going to see
this week -- are you kidding me? Jessica Lange and Drew
Barrymore -- so wonderful. So as long as people are out there
and we keep championing these scripts, that's what's
importantâ€¦not whether it's on TV or in a movie theater -- it's
that we have to get behind these interesting female
Early in your career you appeared on the cover of
as a fictional actress, Allegra Coleman. Where do you think
Allegra is now?
] She's living with Deepak Chopra.
How was that for you? Were you prepared for how big that was
going to blow up and what it would do for your career?
You just never know. For me, I wasn't even acting yet. I was
still modeling and doing commercials and figuring out if I was
going to go to NYU. But it came at a time where, after that
came out, I started in acting classes a little bitâ€¦ It was
something that I loved to do. People had tried to get me in the
business earlier when I was living in New York, and it wasn't
something that I wanted. What acting is about for me comes from
your life experiences and figuring out what makes people tick
and dissecting the psychology of people. You take your
experience and you have a place to express them. So with
Allegra Coleman and projects like that, I just feel like I've
been so lucky. The culmination of all these experiences have
led me here a decade later.
Including the whipped cream scene in
-- you'll never live that down.
No, but I'm sure I'll like it the best when I'm 60. Now I'm
still like, "Ooh, I didn't do nudity, I just wore whipped
So, what are we gonna like most about
The catfight -- are you kidding? You're gonna be yelling at the
screen. It is so much fun to watch -- and that's what's great.
You can't take yourself so seriously. Sometimes, you just have
to step away and have a laugh.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM