Brüno 's Over-the-Top Deleted Scene
BY William McGuinness
July 08 2009 12:00 AM ET
Following the release of Borat , critics broke down the movie, looking for intent and insight into Cohen's mind, wondering how it worked and exactly what the film achieved.
Day said Cohen's new movie isn't a thickly veiled kick to the face of the LGBT community.
"I don't think Sacha Baron Cohen hates us. I don't think he thinks about us one way or another. How could he? We're not him," he said. "But even with a blank check to make any movie he wanted, he decided to go down a path that all but guaranteed he would sell us out. It's his right, of course. I just wish he had the balls to be more honest about it."
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM