BY Advocate.com Editors
November 23 2009 7:50 PM ET
Susan Lucci Finally Wins an Emmy
1999 Daytime Emmy Awards
After being nominated 18 times for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama without a win, All My Children’s Susan Lucci proved 19 in her lucky number when she finally won in 1999. Rosie O’Donnell was shown sobbing in the audience and Oprah Winfrey rushed the stage screaming Lucci’s name. The “queen of daytime” took her time thanking the crowd, saying, “I truly never believed that this would happen.”
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- Why Are We Gay?
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple