BY Advocate.com Editors
November 23 2009 7:50 PM ET
Susan Lucci Finally Wins an Emmy
1999 Daytime Emmy Awards
After being nominated 18 times for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama without a win, All My Children’s Susan Lucci proved 19 in her lucky number when she finally won in 1999. Rosie O’Donnell was shown sobbing in the audience and Oprah Winfrey rushed the stage screaming Lucci’s name. The “queen of daytime” took her time thanking the crowd, saying, “I truly never believed that this would happen.”
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend