BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2010 1:10 PM ET
Sia (singer) - "Friendly" [ - The Advocate]
“I don’t really call myself gay or bisexual-I call myself ‘friendly,’” she says, laughing again before she explains that her androgynous lover, fellow musician and former Le Tigre member JD Samson, is her “boyfriend,” but Furler still refers to her as she. “It’s just what we do. If I’m the princess, JD is the prince. If I’m the witch, she’s the warlock. If we have kids, she’ll be Poppy and I’ll be Mommy. I’ve always been open about it. People are making a fuss of it now because I’m getting successful.”
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun