BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2010 1:10 PM ET
Sia (singer) - "Friendly" [ - The Advocate]
“I don’t really call myself gay or bisexual-I call myself ‘friendly,’” she says, laughing again before she explains that her androgynous lover, fellow musician and former Le Tigre member JD Samson, is her “boyfriend,” but Furler still refers to her as she. “It’s just what we do. If I’m the princess, JD is the prince. If I’m the witch, she’s the warlock. If we have kids, she’ll be Poppy and I’ll be Mommy. I’ve always been open about it. People are making a fuss of it now because I’m getting successful.”
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends