When Movies Were Movies
BY Trudy Ring
April 15 2010 7:30 AM ET
Also on display at the fest will be iconic leading lady Gene Tierney, not only in her best-loved film, the high-class mystery Laura, but also in a new print of the deliciously over-the-top Leave Her to Heaven, as a woman who will stop at absolutely nothing in pursuit of love and revenge. “That is an incredibly beautiful film in three-strip Technicolor with vivid images, and it’s been restored, and it looks every bit as good as it did in 1945, when it was released,” Osborne says. Cast member Darryl Hickman, who was just 14 when he made the movie, is scheduled to appear for a Q&A with the audience.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014