When Movies Were Movies
BY Trudy Ring
April 15 2010 8:30 AM ET
With some under themes such as “Hollywood on Hollywood,” “Vanity Fair’s Tales of Hollywood,” “The Film Foundation” (restoration), and “The Hustons: A Hollywood Dynasty,” other likely festival highlights include:
- Midnight Cowboy, the 1969 Oscar winner from gay director John Schlesinger (who took home a statuette for Best Director). It’s the only X-rated film to win Best Picture, with the X subsequently having been appropriated by porn flicks and replaced by NC-17 in the MPAA rating system; Midnight Cowboy’s rating was eventually revised to an R. Jon Voight, who starred with Dustin Hoffman, will be on hand to discuss the film.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Another Marriage Equality Group Calls It Quits
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again