When Movies Were Movies
BY Trudy Ring
April 15 2010 7:30 AM ET
With some under themes such as “Hollywood on Hollywood,” “Vanity Fair’s Tales of Hollywood,” “The Film Foundation” (restoration), and “The Hustons: A Hollywood Dynasty,” other likely festival highlights include:
- Midnight Cowboy, the 1969 Oscar winner from gay director John Schlesinger (who took home a statuette for Best Director). It’s the only X-rated film to win Best Picture, with the X subsequently having been appropriated by porn flicks and replaced by NC-17 in the MPAA rating system; Midnight Cowboy’s rating was eventually revised to an R. Jon Voight, who starred with Dustin Hoffman, will be on hand to discuss the film.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples