When Movies Were Movies
BY Trudy Ring
April 15 2010 8:30 AM ET
- North by Northwest, the 1959 Alfred Hitchcock classic starring Cary Grant, introduced by cast members Eva Marie Saint and Martin Landau. The latter had a small but memorable role as Leonard, henchman to villain Philip Vandamm (James Mason) — Leonard reads clearly as gay to any savvy viewer. Landau will appear at screenings of two of his other films as well: Cleopatra, where he’ll be joined by director Joe Mankiewicz’s son Tom, and Woody Allen’s Crimes and Misdemeanors, alongside costar Anjelica Huston.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Santorum Campaign Low on Funds, Losing Staffers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series