When Movies Were Movies
BY Trudy Ring
April 15 2010 8:30 AM ET
- North by Northwest, the 1959 Alfred Hitchcock classic starring Cary Grant, introduced by cast members Eva Marie Saint and Martin Landau. The latter had a small but memorable role as Leonard, henchman to villain Philip Vandamm (James Mason) — Leonard reads clearly as gay to any savvy viewer. Landau will appear at screenings of two of his other films as well: Cleopatra, where he’ll be joined by director Joe Mankiewicz’s son Tom, and Woody Allen’s Crimes and Misdemeanors, alongside costar Anjelica Huston.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: The Slow Death of Gay Gathering Places May Be Aiding HIV