When Movies Were Movies
BY Trudy Ring
April 15 2010 8:30 AM ET
- A Woman’s Face, George Cukor’s rarely seen 1941 melodrama starring Joan Crawford as a disfigured criminal and Melvyn Douglas as her plastic surgeon. Introducing the film will be Crawford’s grandson Casey La Londe and Douglas’s granddaughter Illeana Douglas, herself a noted screen performer. At another festival event, La Londe will show some of Crawford’s home movies.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'