When Movies Were Movies
BY Trudy Ring
April 15 2010 8:30 AM ET
- A Woman’s Face, George Cukor’s rarely seen 1941 melodrama starring Joan Crawford as a disfigured criminal and Melvyn Douglas as her plastic surgeon. Introducing the film will be Crawford’s grandson Casey La Londe and Douglas’s granddaughter Illeana Douglas, herself a noted screen performer. At another festival event, La Londe will show some of Crawford’s home movies.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us