When Movies Were Movies
BY Trudy Ring
April 15 2010 8:30 AM ET
- A Woman’s Face, George Cukor’s rarely seen 1941 melodrama starring Joan Crawford as a disfigured criminal and Melvyn Douglas as her plastic surgeon. Introducing the film will be Crawford’s grandson Casey La Londe and Douglas’s granddaughter Illeana Douglas, herself a noted screen performer. At another festival event, La Londe will show some of Crawford’s home movies.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride