15 Films That Ticked Off Gay Audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2010 3:35 PM ET
Gay activists protested the filming and boycotted the theatrical release of this thriller about an undercover cop (Al Pacino) pursuing a serial killer who is targeting gay men in bars and bathhouses. When the film hit theaters in 1980, it was with this disclaimer: “This film is not intended as an indictment of the homosexual world. It is set in one small segment of that world, which is not meant to be representative of the whole.”
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: The Slow Death of Gay Gathering Places May Be Aiding HIV
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'