15 Films That Ticked Off Gay Audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2010 3:35 PM ET
The Laughing Policeman (1973)
In this police procedural about a bus massacre, Walter Matthau stars as a detective investigating the case. The film’s finale is a chase sequence through the streets of San Francisco that includes some extremely stereotypical and offensive images of the Castro, which residents and gay activists were none too pleased with.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island