15 Films That Ticked Off Gay Audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2010 3:35 PM ET
The Laughing Policeman (1973)
In this police procedural about a bus massacre, Walter Matthau stars as a detective investigating the case. The film’s finale is a chase sequence through the streets of San Francisco that includes some extremely stereotypical and offensive images of the Castro, which residents and gay activists were none too pleased with.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'