15 Films That Ticked Off Gay Audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2010 3:35 PM ET
Dressed to Kill (1980)
Brian De Palma is known for pushing buttons in his movies, but this story of a therapist who assumes the role of a murdering transsexual whenever he becomes sexually frustrated was deemed offensive by gay and trans activists. Interestingly, that proposed boycott of the film never caught on — it was overshadowed by complaints that Angie Dickinson had used a Penthouse model as a body double for her nude scene.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel