When Bears Attack
BY Brandon Voss
July 16 2010 9:15 AM ET
Behind the scenes
“Let’s just say that there’s a lot of gay motherfuckers on this set, and the extras area downstairs is a pickup joint,” says Ferber, who wore a leather harness as an extra during a dance scene the previous afternoon. “You’ll see people making out, flirting, nipple-tweaking, and all the actors are constantly cuddling and massaging each other between takes. I even heard about some hard-ons the other day. There are a couple of straight guys mixed in, but actors are touchy-feely in general, so they certainly haven’t disrupted the gay vibe.”
Ferber adds that if BearCity is a roaring success as expected, his and Langway’s furry tales may tickle extras in other gay meccas like San Francisco in the future.
“The film ends with a hint of what a sequel might be -- kind of like the Joker card at the end of Batman Begins -- so you’ll have to wait and see,” he says.
And if that’s not good enough reason to suck down another round of dirty jocks, I don’t know what is.
BearCity screens Sunday, July 18 at 2:30 p.m. at the Redcat in Los Angeles. For more information, log onto outfest.org.
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 30 min 29 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 1 hour 29 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 1 hour 30 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 2 hours 29 sec ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM