The Promise of Girl-on-Girl
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 06 2010 2:45 PM ET
This just in: 90210 star Jessica Szohr will lock lips with real-life porn star Riley Steele in the new movie Piranha 3D. Just one more reason to run out and buy tickets opening night, right?
It’s not the first time Hollywood has tried to sell a product with girl-on-girl action. TV, movies, music, you name it — the hookups always seem to be directed at men, with the promise of a “lesbian subplot” courting curious gay viewers. Take a look back at some of the more obvious attempts at getting gay fans to tune in for a decidedly not gay event.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant