Garrett Hedlund’s Trip
BY Jeremy Kinser
January 08 2011 3:30 AM ET
Gwyneth’s character, Kelly, is an alcoholic singer whose life and
career are spinning out of control. Three years ago you starred opposite
Lindsay Lohan in Georgia Rule, around the time her downward
spiral began. Did you see any parallels between Lindsay’s off-screen
struggles with substance abuse and Gwyneth’s character’s on-screen
[Pause] I guess not. [Laughs] I guess the parallel in this situation would be, like the theme of Country Strong,
whether love and fame can coexist. It’s such a hard thing when you
work steady and live your life and try to be happy and appease audiences
and be the greatest you can be, but then life takes a toll on you and
you turn to drugs. It’s unfortunate.
You have starring roles in three very high-profile films. Have you thought about how you’ll handle the inevitable loss of your anonymity?
I don’t really think about it. I take it a day at a time. I’m a harmless, peaceful guy. I like to be at home, and I don’t cause any trouble. If things get too crazy, I’ll find another place to hide.
You might need to find one after your next project, the long-awaited film version of On the Road. I don't want to put any pressure on you but it’s arguably one of the most highly anticipated films of all time.
Yes, I’ve spent the last six months working incredibly hard with Walter Salles on it. It was a phenomenal cast, who I will love for the rest of my life. We embarked on something so rare and so rich. I’m incredibly proud to be a part of it.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM