And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 3:00 PM ET
Richard Burton, Rex Harrison: Staircase - 1969
No negative stereotype is left unexplored in this atrocity, which reunites those two master thespians from 1963’s epically awful Cleopatra for this even worse disaster about two aging, bickering lovers who run a hair salon in Brixton, England. Burton lisps and minces throughout the film with a huge bandage wrapped around his head like a turban, while Harrison, clad in Carnaby Street’s tightest trousers, nervously frets over his upcoming court appearance for having been busted in public while in drag. The poster’s tagline “Whoops!” got it right.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship