And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Richard Burton, Rex Harrison: Staircase - 1969
No negative stereotype is left unexplored in this atrocity, which reunites those two master thespians from 1963’s epically awful Cleopatra for this even worse disaster about two aging, bickering lovers who run a hair salon in Brixton, England. Burton lisps and minces throughout the film with a huge bandage wrapped around his head like a turban, while Harrison, clad in Carnaby Street’s tightest trousers, nervously frets over his upcoming court appearance for having been busted in public while in drag. The poster’s tagline “Whoops!” got it right.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy