And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Richard Burton, Rex Harrison: Staircase - 1969
No negative stereotype is left unexplored in this atrocity, which reunites those two master thespians from 1963’s epically awful Cleopatra for this even worse disaster about two aging, bickering lovers who run a hair salon in Brixton, England. Burton lisps and minces throughout the film with a huge bandage wrapped around his head like a turban, while Harrison, clad in Carnaby Street’s tightest trousers, nervously frets over his upcoming court appearance for having been busted in public while in drag. The poster’s tagline “Whoops!” got it right.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend