And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Rupert Everett: The Next Best Thing — 2000
For all of his lamenting that coming out of the closet killed his chances of ever being a leading man, Rupert Everett might just want to look at his work opposite Madonna (who is no better) in this 2000 flop from director John Schlessinger. We almost gave Rupert a pass considering word is he stepped in at the last minute to save the film because Schlessinger was so ill, but the story of a woman who has a baby with her gay best friend, then sues him for custody when he doesn’t like her fiancé, is so grating, it's hard to care about either character.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother