And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Rupert Everett: The Next Best Thing — 2000
For all of his lamenting that coming out of the closet killed his chances of ever being a leading man, Rupert Everett might just want to look at his work opposite Madonna (who is no better) in this 2000 flop from director John Schlessinger. We almost gave Rupert a pass considering word is he stepped in at the last minute to save the film because Schlessinger was so ill, but the story of a woman who has a baby with her gay best friend, then sues him for custody when he doesn’t like her fiancé, is so grating, it's hard to care about either character.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island