And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Rupert Everett: The Next Best Thing — 2000
For all of his lamenting that coming out of the closet killed his chances of ever being a leading man, Rupert Everett might just want to look at his work opposite Madonna (who is no better) in this 2000 flop from director John Schlessinger. We almost gave Rupert a pass considering word is he stepped in at the last minute to save the film because Schlessinger was so ill, but the story of a woman who has a baby with her gay best friend, then sues him for custody when he doesn’t like her fiancé, is so grating, it's hard to care about either character.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'