And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Alexis Smith: Once is Not Enough — 1975
1940s starlet Smith is not only gorgeous, she’s a hoot as the world’s richest closeted lesbian torn between a penniless movie director (Kirk Douglas) and an enigmatic Garbo-esque star (Melina Mercouri)—only this isn’t a comedy. This glossy but ultimately lethargic film was adapted from the torrid bestseller by Valley of the Dolls author Jacqueline Susann, who allegedly based the character Smith plays on one-time wife of Cary Grant, heiress Barbara Hutton.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- The Daily Show's Unforgettable Takedown of Andrew Shirvell
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Tyler Oakley Could Be The First Gay Person You Ever Met