And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 3:00 PM ET
Adam Sandler: I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry — 2007
Adam Sandler doesn’t play gay in I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry — he plays a guy who pretends to be gay to get domestic partner benefits, which is even more offensive. The film has its moments, but Sandler is grating as usual (much more so than Kevin James), and the whole concept that these straight guys have a sort of epiphany about gay rights gets lost in the shuffle.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM