And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Adam Sandler: I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry — 2007
Adam Sandler doesn’t play gay in I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry — he plays a guy who pretends to be gay to get domestic partner benefits, which is even more offensive. The film has its moments, but Sandler is grating as usual (much more so than Kevin James), and the whole concept that these straight guys have a sort of epiphany about gay rights gets lost in the shuffle.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arkansas Governor Won't Sign Bill — Yet
- Frankie Grande: Smoking 'Ain't Cute,' Guys
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation