And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Michael Greer: The Gay Deceivers — 1969
The year of the Stonewall riots was obviously a bad one for gay characters in the movies, as this exploitative curiosity proves. Two straight draft dodgers pretend to be a couple and move into a gay housing complex managed by Malcolm (Michael Greer, center), the swishiest homosexual in San Francisco. Hilarity doesn’t ensue. Perhaps the blame doesn’t rest entirely with Greer, who was gay, and is reported to have lobbied the director to tone down the negative characteristic of his flamboyant character, such as practically having a nervous breakdown when someone steps in his flowerbed.
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing