Introducing Omar Sharif Jr.
BY Ross von Metzke
February 28 2011 8:10 PM ET
Much of your family, including your grandfather, is there, right?
Yes, they live in Cairo. I was just there over Christmas and New Years. My dad comes back to visit often. The situation fortunately is stabilizing. Egyptians really are the friendliest people, the most fun-loving people. Our historical sites are second to none, our beaches are beautiful. Just the splendor of landscape. I hope at the end of the day moderation and rationality win and that stability and civility ensue, and it looks like that’s the direction we’re heading in.
Back to you for a final question — where do you hope your career goes from here?
It’s such a strange question. In the Middle East I was in a couple television shows and films. Now, coming to the West, it’s tough to say. Like I said, I learned English watching The Bold and the Beautiful… my life could go pretty full circle if I ended up on something like that, but all my roles previously were comedic, and hopefully it keeps going in that direction.
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 1 min 11 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 1 hour 12 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 1 hour 58 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 1 hour 31 min ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM