Our First Gay Crushes
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2011 12:20 PM ET
Neal Broverman, Senior Editor
Kirk Cameron: In sixth grade I was waxing poetic to my friend about the wonders of the Growing Pains star. This snide girl who sat near us sneered, "Do you like like him?" I responded, "No, I just think he's a really good actor." (Yeah, a regular De Niro.) And now he's a whacked-out homophobe.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans