10 Great LGBT Military Movies
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 23 2011 5:00 AM ET
A perfect one to watch to remind viewers of why DADT was a
flawed policy. Glenn Close and Judy Davis both won Emmy awards for their roles
in this iconic made-for-TV film about a decorated Army officer who decides to
upgrade her security rating and in doing so tells an investigator she’s gay. As
the Army proceeds to discharge her for the omission, Close as Cammermeyer
fights back — alongside her family, partner and Lambda Legal. Cammermeyer wrote
the intro to a new
book on the time as well, called Making WAVES, which she surely did.
In the videos, below, watch
Close with Ryan Reynolds as her son, and then Close and commander:
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: The Slow Death of Gay Gathering Places May Be Aiding HIV
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'