10 Great LGBT Military Movies
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 23 2011 5:00 AM ET
Greatest. Sequel. Ever. (Don’t ever start with me Godfather
II fans.) Sigourney Weaver is Lieutenant Ellen L.
Ripley and Jenette Goldstein plays the lovely butchy Marine Pvt. Vasquez. They are space
Marines on a quasi civilian-meets-military operation (the parameters of
“company” is never clear) to a colony Ripley believes is inhabited by aliens.
Ripley — no slouch in the body department — must accompany a team of rugged
tough asses to the planet and survive. Thankfully, Vasquez is there to help.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers