Behind the Scenes at Elton John's Oscar Party
BY Trudy Ring
February 24 2012 4:10 PM ET
Although Elias spends much of his time in the kitchen at the event, he does get to mix a bit with the stars. Before the first dinner course is served, he comes out to greet Sir Elton and his partner, David Furnish, and have a picture taken with them, and after dessert he has the opportunity to mingle. Seven years ago he met Elizabeth Taylor, for whom he created a birthday cake, as she celebrated that occasion at the party. Other luminaries he’s met over the years include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Grace Jones, Chaka Khan, and Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine.
Crumble Catering’s clients have included a variety of other LGBT and AIDS organizations, such as the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center, AIDS Project Los Angeles, the Trevor Project, Aid for AIDS, and the AIDS Healthcare Foundation. The company also caters many premieres for Warner Bros. and Disney, events for local hospitals, birthday parties, and weddings. The Oscar party is a particularly big job, but it’s one Elias and his colleagues are thrilled to do. “It’s wonderful to be part of such a great organization to help the cause,” he says.
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Butler University President Says Lawmakers Damaged Indiana