Wish Me Away Opens in Gotham
BY Neal Broverman
June 03 2012 1:33 PM ET
Chely Wright's documentary film Wish Me Away premiered in New York Friday, and critics are warming to the country star's harrowing coming-out story.
The New York Daily News liked the film's coverage of Wright's relationship with her family, while The New York Times calls part of the film "heartbreaking."
"By the end you may not be a fan of her music," writes the Times' Jeannette Catsoulis, "but it's hard not to root for her rebirth."
The film opens June 15 in Los Angeles. Watch the trailer below.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'