Wish Me Away Opens in Gotham
BY Neal Broverman
June 03 2012 1:33 PM ET
Chely Wright's documentary film Wish Me Away premiered in New York Friday, and critics are warming to the country star's harrowing coming-out story.
The New York Daily News liked the film's coverage of Wright's relationship with her family, while The New York Times calls part of the film "heartbreaking."
"By the end you may not be a fan of her music," writes the Times' Jeannette Catsoulis, "but it's hard not to root for her rebirth."
The film opens June 15 in Los Angeles. Watch the trailer below.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP