Wish Me Away Opens in Gotham
BY Neal Broverman
June 03 2012 12:33 PM ET
Chely Wright's documentary film Wish Me Away premiered in New York Friday, and critics are warming to the country star's harrowing coming-out story.
The New York Daily News liked the film's coverage of Wright's relationship with her family, while The New York Times calls part of the film "heartbreaking."
"By the end you may not be a fan of her music," writes the Times' Jeannette Catsoulis, "but it's hard not to root for her rebirth."
The film opens June 15 in Los Angeles. Watch the trailer below.
- Film God Loves Uganda Makes Oscar Doc Shortlist 18 min 42 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' 24 min 14 sec ago
- Here To Inspire WATCH: Hot Naked Gay Men Jello Wrestling in Sexy, NSFW HIV Testing Ad 31 min 26 sec ago
- Film How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS 47 min 20 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Utah's Marriage Ban Faces Court Challenge Today 1 hour 5 min ago
- Travel Discovering the Other Baja: La Paz 1 hour 45 min ago
- Politics Dick Cheney 'Suprised' By Mary's 'Attack' Following Sister Liz's Insult to Mary's Marriage 1 hour 52 min ago