Cheyenne Jackson, Rob Lowe Join Liberace Biopic
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 13 2012 3:02 PM ET
Actors Cheyenne Jackson and Rob Lowe will join the previously announced Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in director Steven Soderbergh's forthcoming film biography of Liberace, reports Indie Wire.
Filming of Behind the Candelabra, based on a memoir by the late entertainer's longtime secret lover Scott Thorson, which has been adapted by Richard LaGravenese, is expected to begin this summer. Douglas, who will portray the flamboyant pianist-vocalist, and Damon, who will play the much younger Thorson, have long been attached to the project.
Indie Wire reports that Jackson is in negotiations for an unspecified role, while Lowe's casting as a plastic surgeon has been confirmed. The blog also mentions that actor Boyd Holbrook will play another of Liberace's much younger lovers, whom the entertainer attempted to keep secret from his fans and the media. Liberace died in 1987 of AIDS-releated pneumonia.
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed March 13 2014 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' March 13 2014 4:25 PM