Cheyenne Jackson, Rob Lowe Join Liberace Biopic
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 13 2012 2:02 PM ET
Actors Cheyenne Jackson and Rob Lowe will join the previously announced Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in director Steven Soderbergh's forthcoming film biography of Liberace, reports Indie Wire.
Filming of Behind the Candelabra, based on a memoir by the late entertainer's longtime secret lover Scott Thorson, which has been adapted by Richard LaGravenese, is expected to begin this summer. Douglas, who will portray the flamboyant pianist-vocalist, and Damon, who will play the much younger Thorson, have long been attached to the project.
Indie Wire reports that Jackson is in negotiations for an unspecified role, while Lowe's casting as a plastic surgeon has been confirmed. The blog also mentions that actor Boyd Holbrook will play another of Liberace's much younger lovers, whom the entertainer attempted to keep secret from his fans and the media. Liberace died in 1987 of AIDS-releated pneumonia.
- New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill
- Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013
- BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade
- N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013 5:00 AM
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists: 'We Have to Stay and Fight' December 20 2013 8:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Photo from Utah: First Gay Couple Married December 20 2013 7:40 PM
- Women LISTEN: Out Folk Duo Hannah & Maggie's Lesbian Love Letter to Mrs. Claus December 20 2013 6:46 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Welcome to the Age of Mary Lambert December 20 2013 4:55 PM
- Style Daily Crush: Out Russian Olympics T-Shirt December 20 2013 4:48 PM