Cheyenne Jackson, Rob Lowe Join Liberace Biopic
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 13 2012 3:02 PM ET
Actors Cheyenne Jackson and Rob Lowe will join the previously announced Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in director Steven Soderbergh's forthcoming film biography of Liberace, reports Indie Wire.
Filming of Behind the Candelabra, based on a memoir by the late entertainer's longtime secret lover Scott Thorson, which has been adapted by Richard LaGravenese, is expected to begin this summer. Douglas, who will portray the flamboyant pianist-vocalist, and Damon, who will play the much younger Thorson, have long been attached to the project.
Indie Wire reports that Jackson is in negotiations for an unspecified role, while Lowe's casting as a plastic surgeon has been confirmed. The blog also mentions that actor Boyd Holbrook will play another of Liberace's much younger lovers, whom the entertainer attempted to keep secret from his fans and the media. Liberace died in 1987 of AIDS-releated pneumonia.
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: Ireland's Marriage Decision Will Reverberate Around the World