Cheyenne Jackson, Rob Lowe Join Liberace Biopic
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 13 2012 3:02 PM ET
Actors Cheyenne Jackson and Rob Lowe will join the previously announced Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in director Steven Soderbergh's forthcoming film biography of Liberace, reports Indie Wire.
Filming of Behind the Candelabra, based on a memoir by the late entertainer's longtime secret lover Scott Thorson, which has been adapted by Richard LaGravenese, is expected to begin this summer. Douglas, who will portray the flamboyant pianist-vocalist, and Damon, who will play the much younger Thorson, have long been attached to the project.
Indie Wire reports that Jackson is in negotiations for an unspecified role, while Lowe's casting as a plastic surgeon has been confirmed. The blog also mentions that actor Boyd Holbrook will play another of Liberace's much younger lovers, whom the entertainer attempted to keep secret from his fans and the media. Liberace died in 1987 of AIDS-releated pneumonia.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- The WHO Might Finally Rule Homosexuality is Not a Mental Disorder
- Cop Who Pushed Don Lemon in Ferguson Retires