Curtain Up 2012!
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2012 7:11 PM ET
Director Ash Christian’s quirky comedy brings us a family of eccentrics headed by stoner mom Felicia (Christine Lahti). Gay son Charlie (Tobias Segal) is pursuing celibacy, but an attractive neighbor (Michael Urie) may offer a more appealing pursuit. The cast also includes Thora Birch and Brittany Snow. "Petunia is a film about family and, ultimately, love -- in all the many ways it exists," says Christian. "It was inspired by the rise and fall of my first love ... which I think is something most audiences can relate to." July 14, 1:30 p.m., DGA.
- Op-ed: Orange Is the New Black Proves to Be the Model of Queer TV
- Chicago Radio Station Slurs Laverne Cox As She's Featured in John Legend Video
- #TBT: WWII and the Buddy System
- Laverne Cox: The Making of an Icon
- Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
- Orange is the New Black Earns 12 Emmy Nominations, Laverne Cox Makes History