Curtain Up 2012!
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2012 7:11 PM ET
Director Ash Christian’s quirky comedy brings us a family of eccentrics headed by stoner mom Felicia (Christine Lahti). Gay son Charlie (Tobias Segal) is pursuing celibacy, but an attractive neighbor (Michael Urie) may offer a more appealing pursuit. The cast also includes Thora Birch and Brittany Snow. "Petunia is a film about family and, ultimately, love -- in all the many ways it exists," says Christian. "It was inspired by the rise and fall of my first love ... which I think is something most audiences can relate to." July 14, 1:30 p.m., DGA.
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers