Curtain Up 2012!
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2012 7:11 PM ET
Director Ash Christian’s quirky comedy brings us a family of eccentrics headed by stoner mom Felicia (Christine Lahti). Gay son Charlie (Tobias Segal) is pursuing celibacy, but an attractive neighbor (Michael Urie) may offer a more appealing pursuit. The cast also includes Thora Birch and Brittany Snow. "Petunia is a film about family and, ultimately, love -- in all the many ways it exists," says Christian. "It was inspired by the rise and fall of my first love ... which I think is something most audiences can relate to." July 14, 1:30 p.m., DGA.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- Mike Huckabee Urges 'Free Kim Davis'; Others Call Her a Rosa Parks
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Judge Denies Divorce, Blames Marriage Equality