Curtain Up 2012!
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2012 7:11 PM ET
Director Ash Christian’s quirky comedy brings us a family of eccentrics headed by stoner mom Felicia (Christine Lahti). Gay son Charlie (Tobias Segal) is pursuing celibacy, but an attractive neighbor (Michael Urie) may offer a more appealing pursuit. The cast also includes Thora Birch and Brittany Snow. "Petunia is a film about family and, ultimately, love -- in all the many ways it exists," says Christian. "It was inspired by the rise and fall of my first love ... which I think is something most audiences can relate to." July 14, 1:30 p.m., DGA.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'