Jamie-Lynn Sigler’s Complicated Lesbian Wedding
BY Heath Daniels
July 18 2012 2:27 PM ET
Many straight women get crushes on their gay male friends. Has that ever happened to you?
Strangely enough it hasn’t. I have a ton of gay male friends and all of them are incredibly good looking but, funny enough, no. I’ve been able to keep it strictly platonic with them.
Your good friend Lance Bass’ documentary, Mississippi: I Am, is also playing at OutFest this year. The climate for gay male celebrities certainly has evolved since Lance came out in 2006. Did he seek your advice at all prior to making that announcement?
It was a process he needed to go through. I don’t really want to speak for him, but from my side-as his friend-we were all so respectful of how he needed to go through things. I think it was very unfortunate that others felt they needed to out him first. I think it’s very unfair, especially coming from other gay men who know that sometimes it can be a difficult thing. I think it was selfish of other people to feel that Lance owed it to them. Obviously, everything has worked out fine but it hurt me to see that it was difficult for him that other people went about things the way that they did.
Is he a happier now that he is publicly out?
Absolutely, a veil was lifted. He’s such a light and now he can share it with everybody else and I think that’s fantastic.
You and Lance have both appeared on Broadway [Sigler in Beauty and the Beast, Bass in Hairspray]. Would you be interested in doing a musical with Lance?
Oh my God, that would be a dream! I would love to do a musical again and especially if he was part of it. We would have the best time ever.
I Do screens at L.A.’s Ford Amphitheatre tonight at 8:30 p.m. For more information go to Outfest.org. Watch the trailer below.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM