Kevin Zegers Takes Gay Role in Mortal Instruments Film
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 27 2012 5:01 PM ET
Kevin Zegers, probably best known as Felicity Huffman's wayward son in Transamerica, will play a gay love rival of the heroine in the much-anticipated film of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, reports JustJared.
Adapted from the first of the series of best-selling novels by Cassandra Clare, Zegers will costar as Alec Lightwood, who dislikes Clary (Mirror Mirror's Lily Collins) because he's jealous of the affection shown her by Jace (Sweeney Todd's Jamie Campbell Bower).
The film is scheduled for release August 2013.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs