Kevin Zegers Takes Gay Role in Mortal Instruments Film
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 27 2012 4:01 PM ET
Kevin Zegers, probably best known as Felicity Huffman's wayward son in Transamerica, will play a gay love rival of the heroine in the much-anticipated film of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, reports JustJared.
Adapted from the first of the series of best-selling novels by Cassandra Clare, Zegers will costar as Alec Lightwood, who dislikes Clary (Mirror Mirror's Lily Collins) because he's jealous of the affection shown her by Jace (Sweeney Todd's Jamie Campbell Bower).
The film is scheduled for release August 2013.
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?