LOOK: New Photos Show Lindsay Lohan Convinces as Elizabeth Taylor
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 30 2012 8:49 PM ET
Naysayers be warned, new stills released from the biopic Liz & Dick show a convincing resemblance between Lindsay Lohan and Elizabeth Taylor.
The three new photos show Lohan as Taylor during three different periods of her life. The Lifetime movie chronicles the tempestuous romance between Taylor and her Cleopatra costar Richard Burton (played by True Blood's Grant Bowler) in a behind-the-scenes drama that unfolded in newspaper headlines across the globe and ultimately proved to be much more riveting than the actual 1963 epic. One photo shows Lohan in costume as Taylor as Cleopatra, another shows her with costar Bowler replicating the couple's famous nuptials in Montreal, and the third has Lohan as early-'80s Taylor looking somber in the back of a limo.
“I have always admired and had enormous respect for Elizabeth Taylor," Lohan said in a statement at the time her controversial casting was announced. "She was not only an incredible actress but an amazing woman as well. I am very honored to have been asked to play this role.”
See the other photos on the following pages.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust