WATCH: Michael Clarke Duncan's Gay Connections
BY Trudy Ring
September 04 2012 2:37 PM ET
Michael Clarke Duncan, while best known for his Oscar-nominated performance in The Green Mile, had a couple of roles that endeared him to LGBT audiences.
The actor, who died Monday at age 54, appeared in the lesbian-inclusive 2004 film D.E.B.S., by out director Angela Robinson, as Mr. Phipps, the supervisor of a team of young female secret agents — the Charlie to their Angels, essentially. He also played a character credited as Gay Virgin, who repeatedly protests to a persistent would-be sex partner that he is saving himself for the right man, in 1999’s The Underground Comedy Movie.
Watch his segment from the latter below, but be warned that it’s NSFW.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Op-ed: Why Labeling Others As 'Privileged' Isn't Helping Trans Activists