WATCH: Michael Clarke Duncan's Gay Connections
BY Trudy Ring
September 04 2012 2:37 PM ET
Michael Clarke Duncan, while best known for his Oscar-nominated performance in The Green Mile, had a couple of roles that endeared him to LGBT audiences.
The actor, who died Monday at age 54, appeared in the lesbian-inclusive 2004 film D.E.B.S., by out director Angela Robinson, as Mr. Phipps, the supervisor of a team of young female secret agents — the Charlie to their Angels, essentially. He also played a character credited as Gay Virgin, who repeatedly protests to a persistent would-be sex partner that he is saving himself for the right man, in 1999’s The Underground Comedy Movie.
Watch his segment from the latter below, but be warned that it’s NSFW.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 6 min 38 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 1 hour 36 min ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 2 hours 17 min ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 2 hours 19 min ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 2 hours 20 min ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 2 hours 29 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 2 hours 39 min ago