WATCH: Michael Clarke Duncan's Gay Connections
BY Trudy Ring
September 04 2012 2:37 PM ET
Michael Clarke Duncan, while best known for his Oscar-nominated performance in The Green Mile, had a couple of roles that endeared him to LGBT audiences.
The actor, who died Monday at age 54, appeared in the lesbian-inclusive 2004 film D.E.B.S., by out director Angela Robinson, as Mr. Phipps, the supervisor of a team of young female secret agents — the Charlie to their Angels, essentially. He also played a character credited as Gay Virgin, who repeatedly protests to a persistent would-be sex partner that he is saving himself for the right man, in 1999’s The Underground Comedy Movie.
Watch his segment from the latter below, but be warned that it’s NSFW.
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- Diversity and the Dark Knight
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- #27BiStories: When Did You Come Out? What Was the Response Like?