WATCH: Michael Clarke Duncan's Gay Connections
BY Trudy Ring
September 04 2012 2:37 PM ET
Michael Clarke Duncan, while best known for his Oscar-nominated performance in The Green Mile, had a couple of roles that endeared him to LGBT audiences.
The actor, who died Monday at age 54, appeared in the lesbian-inclusive 2004 film D.E.B.S., by out director Angela Robinson, as Mr. Phipps, the supervisor of a team of young female secret agents — the Charlie to their Angels, essentially. He also played a character credited as Gay Virgin, who repeatedly protests to a persistent would-be sex partner that he is saving himself for the right man, in 1999’s The Underground Comedy Movie.
Watch his segment from the latter below, but be warned that it’s NSFW.
- Fred Phelps Excommunicated and Near Death?
- WATCH: Ark. High School Yearbook Refuses to Profile Out Student
- A Brief History of Gays and the St. Patrick's Day Parade
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- Author of Russia's 'Gay Propaganda' Law Sanctioned for Role in Ukraine Crisis
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Travel WeHo's Most Notorious Nudie Motel Going Mainstream 37 min 37 sec ago
- Women 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 49 min 34 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain - How Two Women Fall In Love 1 hour 3 min ago
- Russia Author of Russia's 'Gay Propaganda' Law Sanctioned for Role in Ukraine Crisis 1 hour 5 min ago
- Youth WATCH: Ark. Yearbook Cuts Profile of Gay Student 1 hour 25 min ago
- Women WATCH: PLL's Shay Mitchell - 'Sometimes I'd Rather Kiss Another Girl' 1 hour 47 min ago
- Politics Ore. AG Rules 'Religious Freedom' Bill Title Must Say 'Discrimination' 2 hours 3 min ago