WATCH: Michael Clarke Duncan's Gay Connections
BY Trudy Ring
September 04 2012 1:37 PM ET
Michael Clarke Duncan, while best known for his Oscar-nominated performance in The Green Mile, had a couple of roles that endeared him to LGBT audiences.
The actor, who died Monday at age 54, appeared in the lesbian-inclusive 2004 film D.E.B.S., by out director Angela Robinson, as Mr. Phipps, the supervisor of a team of young female secret agents — the Charlie to their Angels, essentially. He also played a character credited as Gay Virgin, who repeatedly protests to a persistent would-be sex partner that he is saving himself for the right man, in 1999’s The Underground Comedy Movie.
Watch his segment from the latter below, but be warned that it’s NSFW.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View