WATCH: Michael Clarke Duncan's Gay Connections
BY Trudy Ring
September 04 2012 2:37 PM ET
Michael Clarke Duncan, while best known for his Oscar-nominated performance in The Green Mile, had a couple of roles that endeared him to LGBT audiences.
The actor, who died Monday at age 54, appeared in the lesbian-inclusive 2004 film D.E.B.S., by out director Angela Robinson, as Mr. Phipps, the supervisor of a team of young female secret agents — the Charlie to their Angels, essentially. He also played a character credited as Gay Virgin, who repeatedly protests to a persistent would-be sex partner that he is saving himself for the right man, in 1999’s The Underground Comedy Movie.
Watch his segment from the latter below, but be warned that it’s NSFW.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- WATCH: Gay Vlogger Tyler Oakley Talks Education With Michelle Obama
- Gay Photographer Blinded With Gasoline In U.K. Hate Crime