WATCH: Sean Penn as a Gender-Bending Nazi Hunter
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 06 2012 6:18 PM ET
In the trailer for his new film This Must Be the Place, Sean Penn channels the Cure's Robert Smith, with lipstick, an untamed mane of black hair, and a soft, gentle lilt to his speech. Cheyenne, the former rock star portrayed by Oscar-winner Penn in the film, might appear timid but is dedicated to his mission to find the Nazi who tortured his father at Auschwitz. What follows is the tale of the has-been rocker's journey across the American heartland to seek revenge or respite or maybe just a greater sense of purpose.
The film, which opens in theaters November 2, also stars Frances McDormand and Judd Hirsch.
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England