WATCH: Sean Penn as a Gender-Bending Nazi Hunter
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 06 2012 6:18 PM ET
In the trailer for his new film This Must Be the Place, Sean Penn channels the Cure's Robert Smith, with lipstick, an untamed mane of black hair, and a soft, gentle lilt to his speech. Cheyenne, the former rock star portrayed by Oscar-winner Penn in the film, might appear timid but is dedicated to his mission to find the Nazi who tortured his father at Auschwitz. What follows is the tale of the has-been rocker's journey across the American heartland to seek revenge or respite or maybe just a greater sense of purpose.
The film, which opens in theaters November 2, also stars Frances McDormand and Judd Hirsch.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'