WATCH: Sean Penn as a Gender-Bending Nazi Hunter
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 06 2012 6:18 PM ET
In the trailer for his new film This Must Be the Place, Sean Penn channels the Cure's Robert Smith, with lipstick, an untamed mane of black hair, and a soft, gentle lilt to his speech. Cheyenne, the former rock star portrayed by Oscar-winner Penn in the film, might appear timid but is dedicated to his mission to find the Nazi who tortured his father at Auschwitz. What follows is the tale of the has-been rocker's journey across the American heartland to seek revenge or respite or maybe just a greater sense of purpose.
The film, which opens in theaters November 2, also stars Frances McDormand and Judd Hirsch.
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 7 min 24 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 46 min 40 sec ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 53 min ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 1 hour 16 min ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 1 hour 25 min ago
- Youth Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill 1 hour 31 min ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 2 hours 14 min ago