4 Fairy Tales With Gay Links
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 10 2012 6:08 PM ET
Set in Renaissance-era France, Ever After is bascially a post-feminist retelling of Cinderella with Drew Barrymore at the center. Barrymore's Cinderella (er, Danielle) is spunky and quick-witted, while Anjelica Huston plays the Baroness Rodmilla de Ghen (aka the evil stepmother) to the hilt. Even better: Melanie Lynskey, who played the murderous teen lesbian so briliantly in Heavenly Creatures, here inhabits one of the stepsisters, a kinder, gentler version who actually helps Danielle survive the indignities inflicted on her by the Baroness. Kathleen Marshall is developing a theatrical adaptation that will head to Broadway in 2013. You kow that one will be packed with gays — in the audience and the cast.
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Maria Bello Is Not Gay or Bi, She's 'Whatever'
- Denied: Antigay Kentucky Clerk Loses in Federal Court Again