No Rapping in Ryan Murphy's Upcoming Pop Musical
BY Michelle Garcia
October 16 2012 5:56 PM ET
Sorry, 3rd Bass and Sir Mix-A-Lot fans — Ryan Murphy's next major project, a movie musical taking a cheeky look at '90s one-hit wonders, will not include hip-hop.
Murphy told Vulture Monday night that he's still working on a script for One-Hit Wonders, which is about a group of former pop stars who come together to form a supergroup. The idea reportedly spun from a dinner with the writer-director and Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Cameron Diaz. He revealed that M.C. Gwyneth Paltrow and D.J. Jazzy Cameron Diaz will not be making an appearance and that there will be "no rapping."
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- How to Date an HIV-Negative Guy
- Famous and Powerful Express Joy for Irish Marriage Vote
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge