No Rapping in Ryan Murphy's Upcoming Pop Musical
BY Michelle Garcia
October 16 2012 5:56 PM ET
Sorry, 3rd Bass and Sir Mix-A-Lot fans — Ryan Murphy's next major project, a movie musical taking a cheeky look at '90s one-hit wonders, will not include hip-hop.
Murphy told Vulture Monday night that he's still working on a script for One-Hit Wonders, which is about a group of former pop stars who come together to form a supergroup. The idea reportedly spun from a dinner with the writer-director and Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Cameron Diaz. He revealed that M.C. Gwyneth Paltrow and D.J. Jazzy Cameron Diaz will not be making an appearance and that there will be "no rapping."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM