No Rapping in Ryan Murphy's Upcoming Pop Musical
BY Michelle Garcia
October 16 2012 5:56 PM ET
Sorry, 3rd Bass and Sir Mix-A-Lot fans — Ryan Murphy's next major project, a movie musical taking a cheeky look at '90s one-hit wonders, will not include hip-hop.
Murphy told Vulture Monday night that he's still working on a script for One-Hit Wonders, which is about a group of former pop stars who come together to form a supergroup. The idea reportedly spun from a dinner with the writer-director and Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Cameron Diaz. He revealed that M.C. Gwyneth Paltrow and D.J. Jazzy Cameron Diaz will not be making an appearance and that there will be "no rapping."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 1 hour 5 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 4:00 AM
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM