No Rapping in Ryan Murphy's Upcoming Pop Musical
BY Michelle Garcia
October 16 2012 5:56 PM ET
Sorry, 3rd Bass and Sir Mix-A-Lot fans — Ryan Murphy's next major project, a movie musical taking a cheeky look at '90s one-hit wonders, will not include hip-hop.
Murphy told Vulture Monday night that he's still working on a script for One-Hit Wonders, which is about a group of former pop stars who come together to form a supergroup. The idea reportedly spun from a dinner with the writer-director and Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Cameron Diaz. He revealed that M.C. Gwyneth Paltrow and D.J. Jazzy Cameron Diaz will not be making an appearance and that there will be "no rapping."
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 41 min 5 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 50 min 20 sec ago
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 2 hours 1 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on TV 2 hours 48 min ago
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 2:11 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 1:56 PM
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 1:53 PM