28 Sexy (Movie) Men in Uniform
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 07 2013 8:00 AM ET
Sal Mineo in Giant (1956)
Gay actor Sal Mineo (he came out in the the 1960s, one of the first gay actors to do so) first rose to fame with his Academy Award-nominated role as Plato, a sensitive teenager smitten with James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause. In Giant, he worked again with Dean (who died before the film came out), this time in a very small role playing Angel, a Latino teen who goes off to war. The role let Mineo don a uniform, and as you know, the only thing hotter than a man in a uniform is a gay man in a uniform. Bonus points for the film's bigger stars: gay actor Rock Hudson and AIDS activist Elizabeth Taylor (who was only 23 at the time).
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison