So What If Spider-Man Liked Guys?
BY Michelle Garcia
July 13 2013 5:16 AM ET
Andrew Garfield, the latest actor to portray Spider-Man, wants to know why Peter Parker's longtime love MJ isn't a guy.
Garfeld asked producer Matt Tolmach about MJ's gender, and wanted to know why Parker couldn't be gay or bisexual, Entertainment Weekly reports.
"I was like, 'What if MJ is a dude?' Why can't we discover that peter is exploring his sexuality? It's hardly even groundbreaking!"
After wondering why Peter Parker was not necessarily into guys, he even suggested another MJ, Michael B. Jordan from The Wire, to play the part.
"I've been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire," he told EW. "He's so charasmatic and talented. It'd be even better -- we'd have interracial bisexuality!"
Garfield will return to the big screen in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in May 2014.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos