So What If Spider-Man Liked Guys?
BY Michelle Garcia
July 13 2013 4:16 AM ET
Andrew Garfield, the latest actor to portray Spider-Man, wants to know why Peter Parker's longtime love MJ isn't a guy.
Garfeld asked producer Matt Tolmach about MJ's gender, and wanted to know why Parker couldn't be gay or bisexual, Entertainment Weekly reports.
"I was like, 'What if MJ is a dude?' Why can't we discover that peter is exploring his sexuality? It's hardly even groundbreaking!"
After wondering why Peter Parker was not necessarily into guys, he even suggested another MJ, Michael B. Jordan from The Wire, to play the part.
"I've been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire," he told EW. "He's so charasmatic and talented. It'd be even better -- we'd have interracial bisexuality!"
Garfield will return to the big screen in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in May 2014.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 1 hour 23 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM