So What If Spider-Man Liked Guys?
BY Michelle Garcia
July 13 2013 5:16 AM ET
Andrew Garfield, the latest actor to portray Spider-Man, wants to know why Peter Parker's longtime love MJ isn't a guy.
Garfeld asked producer Matt Tolmach about MJ's gender, and wanted to know why Parker couldn't be gay or bisexual, Entertainment Weekly reports.
"I was like, 'What if MJ is a dude?' Why can't we discover that peter is exploring his sexuality? It's hardly even groundbreaking!"
After wondering why Peter Parker was not necessarily into guys, he even suggested another MJ, Michael B. Jordan from The Wire, to play the part.
"I've been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire," he told EW. "He's so charasmatic and talented. It'd be even better -- we'd have interracial bisexuality!"
Garfield will return to the big screen in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in May 2014.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage