Vancouver Queer Film Festival's 25th Anniversary Will Be Big
BY Jon Prezant
August 13 2013 3:00 AM ET
Celebrating its 25th anniversary, the Vancouver Queer Film Festival is gearing up for its biggest year yet. Screening 11 days of films across Vancouver from Thursday to August 25, the festival will feature 79 films from 20 countries highlighting the best in LGBT-themed cinema.
The opening gala screening will take place at the Vancouver Playhouse Theatre, with various other showings across six venues. This year’s lineup includes G.B.F., starring Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) and Natasha Lyonne (Orange Is the New Black), as well as the popular Web series, The Outs, with director Adam Goldman in attendance. This year will also feature a special look at Indian filmmaking and features from top directors.
In addition to the lineup of novice and professional filmmakers, filmgoers will also have access to some of the hottest parties in town. Special events tickets, memberships, and discounted offers are available at the official festival page.
For tickets and additional information: QueerFilmFestival.ca
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM