Mommies Dearest: Mothers and Gay Sons on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 16 2014 9:00 AM ET UPDATED: January 16 2014 12:23 PM ET
Twilight of the Golds (1997)
Cowritten by Jonathin Tolins and based on his stage play, this drama gets down to the very root of the mother-and-gay-son connection. The spine of the plot: Would you choose to keep your unborn child if you knew the child was going to be gay? Faye Dunaway gives a wrenching performance disclosing the complex feelings she has toward her gay son, David (Brendan Fraser.)
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'